- Bahasa Indonesia
Welcome to the visa pages of the U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
What is a Visa ?
A visa a document is issued by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. A visa entitles the holder to travel to the United States and apply for admission; it does not guarantee entry. An immigration inspector at the port of entry determines the visa holder's eligibility for admission into the United States.
- Nonimmigrant visas are required by anyone seeking temporary admission into the United States for tourism, business, education, medical treatment, or petition-based employment. The type of visa required depends on your purpose of travel.
- Immigrant visas are for applicants planning to permanently relocate to the United States.
Who can apply for a US visa in Jakarta or Surabaya?
Holders of any nationality may apply for nonimmigrant visas at any time at either the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta or the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya. Third country nationals (non-Indonesian passport holders) should follow the same visa application procedures as Indonesian citizens:
- Pay the NIV application fee
- Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160)
- Schedule your appointment
- Gather required documents to bring to your appointment
- Personally appear at the U.S. Embassy with DS-160 confirmation page, appointment confirmation page, one recent photograph, your current passport and all previous passports and any other required documents depending on the category of visa for which you are applying.
Location: Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan No. 5, Jakarta Pusat. The Embassy is just south of the Indonesian National Monument in Central Jakarta. There is no parking at or near the Embassy so please come by taxi.
Attention: New Interview Scheduling Procedures
07:00 Appointment= Group A
Intake for Group A: 06:30-08:30
If your appointment is for 07:00, you are in Group A. You must be at the Embassy between 06:30 and 08:30. Please do not arrive at the Embassy before 06:30. If you arrive at the Embassy after 08:30, you will not be interviewed and you will have to reschedule your appointment.
09:00 Appointment= Group B
Intake for Group B: 08:30-10:30
If your appointment is for 09:00, you are in Group B. You must be at the Embassy between 08:30 and 10:30. Please do not arrive at the Embassy before 08:30. If you arrive at the Embassy after 10:30, you will not be interviewed and you will have to reschedule your appointment.
Visa Applicant Satisfaction Survey
- We have a brief, three minute questionnaire about your visit to the Consular Section of the United States Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia. Your responses are completely confidential and will in no way be associated with your name or your application. We are conducting this survey solely to improve your experience with our customer service.